Thursday, January 02, 2020

To The Store And Tokyo

Not a bad day. Mindful of (oh, that moronic new-agey phrase!) the fact that neither buses nor the Access Van run on January first, I took my smaller cart and walked to the 99-Cent store and back. This totals three miles, and I was glad to get that much in. With the holidays, my cold, and general laziness, I haven't been walking quite as much as I like to, so this was good.
Home, lunch, and Betty called. Had the usual conversation: part like old times, some thoroughly kookie, but it was okay. We wished each other Happy 2020. Did more work on the play and it's shaping up well, I think.
I tried to use FaceTime on my phone with someone I love very much, but it didn't seem to work. Called her and she told me to use Messenger, instead.  Incredibly, I didn't realize you could do a video call on that, although I regularly use it for written messengers. Did so, and greatly enjoyed our talk; I'm looking forward to seeing her next month.
I had invited Jim C. for dinner tomorrow and he responded in the affirmative. Called Ellen and went next door to ask Suzanne, so they'll both join us. I'm sorry Greg will be working.
After chopping up and combining a few pounds of tomatoes, onions, garlic, seasoning, oil, and vinegar, I popped it in the oven to roast, as usual. This should last me for a week or so.
Mike, Paula, and the girls are in Tokyo and visited my older son and his family during the new year. It's nice to see pictures with them, plus my DIL's brother and his wife and daughter, but I'm disappointed they didn't seem to take any with just the seven of them alone. (My daughter-in-law took this, hence is not in the picture.)

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...