Friday, October 05, 2018

Here And There

Kimball, breakfast, WinCo--the usual.
I went over to Hertz about 10 for Laurie to install Blue Tooth. However, we discovered my car doesn't have it. I understand I can get some kind of apparatus to hook it up, which I may or may not do. I'd like to have it, I guess, but am not that enamored. Besides, I think my accident was partly because I was distracted--it was dark, I was tired--so maybe it's best not to have it.
Caught the bus after lunch, got off at my usual, and walked to The Promenade. It was somewhat overcast and cool, but the surfers were still out, and there were a few strollers. How I enjoy walking by the beach and the magnificent Pacific; it's not my ocean, but it's a lovely ocean, and it's all right with me.*
Walked back up to Main and the library, where I stayed reading for a time. I took out Glass House, an account of the demise of the Anchor Hocking business and the ruination of the small town of Lancaster, Ohio, where it was located. I haven't gotten far into it, but the cover mentions "the 1 percent economy," presumably that the wealthy got wealthy by stepping over the bodies of the company and the town.
Called Nancy and we had a good talk. She didn't come to Happy Hour on Wednesday because of an indelicate condition--no, she's not pregnant--but is improving. Got an e-mail from Stella, asking if I was going to be walking The Promenade. I didn't read it until after I got home, so was able to tell her I already had. Hmm...I'm just as happy not to have a companion when I walk, so I can meander here and there and change any plans whenever I wish. I finally finished the game and will take it in a few hours to T.O.P.S. Hope our members enjoy it.
*I always liked that song: "It's not her face, but it's a lovely face, and it's all right with me..."

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...