Saturday, October 13, 2018

Walking

Well, I've sure been getting my exercise. Walked the uphill one, then Cheryl picked me up for T.O.P.S. I weighed in at 128.3, up a fraction from last week, but fine by me. As usual, didn't get home until after 10:00, so had breakfast two and a half hours later than usual.
I opened the DMV thing and it was a five-page medical report for my doctor fill out. I had told the idiots at Primary Medical I was going to bring it in when I got it, so I prepared to do so. Suzanne was just leaving (for lunch with friends) as I was, said she was going my way, so offered to drop me. Sure thing, and I got in. However, I didn't realize she was going right past the place and she let me off at Telephone and Johnson Avenues, which meant I had an almost two mile walk. That was okay, though, and I got there with no problem.
The problem arose when I was told Dr. Jennings wasn't in until Monday and "I don't know if she does this," to quote the office manager. They'll call me, she said, and at this point, I'm actually considering switching doctors.
I was able to get a bus to Victoria Avenue, then another to Telegraph Road. Had lunch, then took my little cart and got yet another bus back to Victoria, and one more to Office Depot and, across the street, Winco. I got the things I wanted, then reversed the bus process, of course. This entailed considerable walking, as every excursion does if you don't have a car. It occurred to me that it's very liberating realize I can, indeed, walk to many places I may not have thought I could.
A sick joke: I got my new license plates in the mail. I guess I'm not going to break my neck trying to find somebody to put them on.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...