Thursday, October 04, 2018

Out

Walked Kimball, then was out mostly all day.
Showered and dressed, then began the long, laborious process of Dudley docent dressing. (I don't know how women in the Victorian/Edwardian eras ever functioned, considering the weight and intricacies of their clothing.)
Finally managed and got to Dudley House in plenty of time for the special eleven o'clock tour for the Ventura Garden Club. As she had before, Sheri split the group into two. She thought there would be more attendees coming later, so gave Milenda (or Merada or Marauder or whatever her name was)  the first ten, which left only four in my group. However, that worked out fine; it was actually more relaxed and fun with a smaller group.*
After we docents posed for pictures and chatted a bit with each other, I rushed home to rid myself of outfit. Had lunch, did this and that, then took off for the bus A remarkable phenomena of nature was occurring as I walked out the door: Little liquid droplets fell on my head. Yes, it was raining, but this was California rain, so more like a mist interspersed with half-hearted drips. Nevertheless, I went back and got my umbrella (foolish of me, as I was then stuck with carrying it the rest of the day).
Got off at the library and walked to the post office at Santa Clara Street to mail to Betty my diet regimen, which she had requested. Back up on Main, I stopped at BOA to deposit a check from the insurance company (I'm not sure why they sent it, but I wasn't about to question such largress.) Having some time before I met Carolyn, I stopped into a thrift store to browse and saw a large head of a monster that talks and the eyes light up.  Since I needed it desperately, I bought it, but then was burdened with carrying it, plus my umbrella, so that necessitated buying a sequined bag that says "Jerusalem" on it. Problem solved.
Met Carolyn at 4:00 (Diane was out of town and Nancy wasn't feeling well) at Casa Bella and we had a good time over our soda (C.) and Chief's Peak (R.). Carolyn is very reticent in a group, even our little Happy Hour quartet, but one-on-one, she's more out-going and we had a good talk. (It occurred to me that she's the same age as my older son, but that doesn't seem to have any significance to either of us.)
I had registered to attend a presentation on Opioid addiction at the museum at 5:30 and invited Carolyn to go. She accepted and we listened to a panel of doctors from Community Medical discuss this modern problem. I don't know anyone who suffers from this and knew little about it, so it interested me, just on an information basis.
The program wasn't over until 7:30 and by that time, it was dark. Carolyn insisted on driving me home--I had no problem with taking the bus--so I allowed her to do so. (I keep forgetting that other people don't consider that time late night and may even stay up after 9:00).
Today, I just have to top off the T.O.P.S. game, plus go to Hertz to have Blue Tooth installed in the car.
*It was no fun at all to have the tour interrupted by the unpleasant buzz on all our cell phones at 11:15. This was from Big Broth--uh, our government--and reminded me of air raid practice during WWII, as well as Nazi tactics. Oh, I forgot, it was to "keep us safe," as the oblivious parrot after getting their info straight from the bullshitters.


No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...