Sunday, October 07, 2018

Fun Day

What a good, fun day! Reverted back to my usual get-up time of 5:15, had my coffee, did my laptop thing, then walked the neighborhood for maybe a bit more than a mile. Home for breakfast and the crossword, then a few minor chores.
Ellen got here about 12:30 and Suzanne came in with her. I showed them the silly "talking tree head" I needed like a hole in the cranium, plus my light-up Halloween pillow, not to mention the girl scarecrow on my door and the big pumpkin next to it. Suzanne had put a little pumpkin out, plus an autumn saying on the door and we laughed about having a seasonal competition. She came to chat  with El and me for a bit and we discussed the new DMV "I.D."  As of 2020, people will have to have to board a plane. Ominous, if you ask me, but El thinks I should get that, which will serve as a driver license, too. We'll see.
She and I went off the lunch and it was so good to be with her. Couldn't decide where, as we knew the better places would be jammed, so went to poky old Marie Callendar's. Actually, it wasn't bad (although the service was, as always, lousy), and we had a good time talking. After, we went to The Avenue, where El bought a pair of jeans and an attractive jacket, then she took me to WinCo and I was able to lay in the supplies I badly needed.
She also--happy day!--quickly fixed my printer so it would copy full pages instead of 4" by 6." It was annoyingly un-obvious, as you have to press "okay" to get rid of what you don't want.  Something like that, which makes no sense, anyway.
I'm planning out my day (mentally) and want to get my hair cut and colored, plus go to the P.O., plus go through a few more papers to see what I can throw out. Hope I can get a lot of that done.
 

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...