Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Here And There

Walked the new normal--about one and a half, partially uphill. That's a challenge, but I always feel pleased when I do it. After breakfast, I left a message for my T.O.P.S. friend, Lora, who's a travel agent, to ask her to find me a flight to Jersey in November.  Did this and that, then made up my lunch salad and ate earlier than usual.
As I was leaving to get the bus for town, Florida brother Larry called. He said our bro, Frank, had told him he wanted to attend the Florida family's annual Christmas gathering at (ugh!) Disney World.  Now Frank hasn't been answering the phone, his message box is full, and he didn't respond to e-mail. Larry even sent him a regular letter, but that didn't elicit any response, either. I told Larry I couldn't imagine Frank could travel to Florida alone and advised him to contact one of Frank's children. Boy, was that depressing
Stella had called me several times and I thought I should get back to her, so while on the bus to town. She hadn't had lunch and I agreed to meet her at Aloha; she had a sandwich and I had a beer. After, we walked down to Surfer's Point, then the bike path, and back up to Main.
To be perfectly honest, I can take only so much of Stella. She tends to prattle on and on and her voice  is very hard to hear at The Promenade with waves rolling in, and on the bustling avenues, too. The question  is, do I really want to hear her? 
Lora called back while we were walking to say she was on her way to Vegas, but will be back tomorrow and will look up reservations. I had a suggestion from someone else to try an Air BnB for accommodations. I looked up some and was pleased to find several in the area where I'm going that look good. This is new to me and opens up a whole new world, so I'll definitely pursue it.

No comments:

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...