Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Nice Enough

A nice enough day.  Walked, then felt sleepy after breakfast and lay down for about an hour. I actually fell asleep and dreamed of my old friend, Elaine. She's been gone now for 14 years. and I can barely remember the young mother who met her when we moved into the house in Ewing--can it really have been 62 years ago?
Dr. J.'s office called to say they could "fit me in" on Thursday, the 25th, which is, of course, three days after my DMV appointment when I need to bring the doctor's input. Called to switch and they'll get back to me. I'm seriously considering asking for my records and switching to another doctor/medical practice.
Caught the bus--two of them, actually--for WinCo, taking along my handy little cart. Got the things I need, got home, lunched, then took off for town. On the way, Betty called. She had had a visit with a neurologist on Monday and will have a CAT test of her brain today.
It got up to 85 by the time I got to town and I skipped The Promenade and just walked Main (one side of the street is shady). Got Chris Hedges' new book, America, The Farewell Tour, out. Started reading it and it's depressing as hell, because it's too damn true. The empire is collapsing rapidly, I'm afraid, and I fear the future.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...