Monday, October 22, 2018

Betty

Walked, then did the usual Sunday crossword and so on.
Betty's son-in-law, Dana, and her grandson, Finn, dropped her off about 10:30 and we chatted for a bit, then left for the bus stop.
I was heartened by the fact that Betty seemed to have no trouble walking there (about a block and a half away) and we got on the bus with no problem. I had us get off at the Mission, then we went to several stores. Betty bought a blouse and purse, I a light robe to take on my trip.
After, I took her down to the Blue Agave, thinking we'd eat on the patio, but that was filled by a private party, so we sat down inside. However, in the bar area adjacent, there were lots of extremely noisy people and I wasn't about to try to enjoy lunch in such an atmosphere. I suggested we leave, Betty agreed, and I took her back to Main and the Paradise Pantry.
This was crowded, too, but we were seated immediately on a banquette and fell into conversation with two women at the adjacent table. In fact, we more or less had lunch with them. They had been best friends since childhood, but Gina lives now in Seattle and was visiting Becky, who lives here in Ventura. When I mentioned that my sons live in Tokyo and Singapore, I was surprised to hear that Becky has been there several times, on missionary work for her church.
We four talked and talked, and stayed for more than an hour. They insisted on paying for our lunch, no matter how much we protested, and they did. After, as Betty and I were at the bus stop, I got a phone call. It was our two new friends, calling from their car to say they wanted to drive us home. We accepted, they did, and I gave Becky my card, with thanks. 
Home about 3:30 and we visited. Dana and Finn came back about 5:30 and took Betty back to Santa Barbara.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...