Saturday, October 20, 2018

T.O.P.S. And Town

Walked the morning mile, then changed and Cheryl picked me up for T.O.P.S.  She was sighing over  turning 70, which I said I'd love to be (and my friend, Marge, would love to be 81; she's ten years older than I am). I was satisfied with weighing in at 128.5, up a tad (.02) from last week, which I calculate to be about three ounces, so no prob.
Home, breakfast, and I cut up tomatoes and onions, added oil, vinegar, garlic, and basil, then popped it in the oven for 45 or so. I like to use this in my daily salads, instead of raw. Went to Von's for lettuce and a few other things and had lunch.
Betty called to see if it was all right for her son-in-law to drop her off in the morning tomorrow on his way to visit his mother, then pick her up in the evening. Sure, that would be fine and I hope Betty will be okay walking to the bus stops, so we can lunch in town.
Happy day, I got my AirBnB reservation. I'll be staying in Freehold, near to Jackson, and it seems  just right for me. All I have to do now is get my hotel room in L.A.
After lunch, I went to town. Stopped at the post office, then went down to The Promenade, and up to Main and the library. At that point, Stella  called, saying she was on The P., so I said I'd meet her at the Aloha. Did so and we had a drink (she, vodka and cranberry juice, I, my usual beer)  and appetizers. We actually had a good time, especially in view of the ocean and the festive Friday people here and there.
It was already dusk when we said goodbye and I didn't get home until after 7:00 and full dark, but that was okay.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...