Sunday, October 07, 2018

Getting Used to Being Carless

Took a good, long walk  around the neighborhood--uphill, too--and felt more chipper when I got back. Breakfast, then I plunged into the paper work chores I've left slide.
Damn, I had a lot accumulated! No only did I have realms from AAA and the DMV, but all kinds of other documents. Besides that, the stuff from my totaled car still filled one corner of my bedroom. I did finally get them in some kind of order and into the trunk of the new car.
The woman from the election board called to ask if I was still planning to work there. Actually, I had been vacillating about it. Yes, I like new and different activities, and certainly didn't mind the start time of 6:00 am, but being there until 9:00 and possibly later didn't appeal to me. Also, I still wouldn't be able to drive on October 18, which is when my three-hour orientation was scheduled, so-o-o--I told her I was going to withdraw and she could call the next person on the list.
Called Ellen and told her about the suspension. Luckily, she's off on the 22nd and can drive me to Oxnard. We made a lunch date for today and she'll take me grocery shopping after.
Stella called to see if I was walking. She wanted to meet  me, but frankly, I don't want to be tied down to going a particular time with a particular person--too confining. I like Stella okay, but we had little in common, and she seems pretty clingy. I told her I didn't think I was going yesterday.
However, I did. Went to town after lunch, walked The Promenade, then down to the avenue. Bought a large (artificial) pumpkin and an adorable, almost life-sized little scarecrow girl. Hung her on my door, added the pumpkin on the side, and it looks very autumn-y.

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...