Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Here And There

For the first time in an age, I didn't take my morning walk. Put in a load of wash, then went over to Von's with my trusty little cart to pick up a few things. This was during the 45 minutes it took for the clothes to dry.
The Access van came about 10:00, driven by Anthony, a nice young man--in his thirties, I'd say--who, I found out later, is married and has a two-year-old named Elizabeth. Nobody else was in the van when he arrived, but we then went to The Townehouse (I used to go to their wine and music Fridays back in the day) and picked up Ralph, who had an ophthalmologist appointment at Miramar (I go there, too). Dropped him off, then I was driven to Primary Medical.
The truth is, I didn't need to go there yesterday; my appointment is tomorrow with Dr. Jennings, re the DMV crap. I just wanted to see how I liked the Access van--I did--and for three bucks, it was a bargain. Until Ralph gave Anthony a five and told him to keep the change, I didn't realize you could tip. I gave Anthony two when I got out.
I made a show of going into the office until Anthony drove away, then took the bus home. I was surprised to be called an hour or so later by another driver who, for some reason, thought I wanted to be picked up. I told her no, not realizing they think if you go somewhere, you must want to be taken home.
After lunch, I went to town for the usual. Called Shari about the covered dish at Dudley House tonight, to see if anybody could take me home. I'll meet my pals at the Rumfish for  Happy Hour at 4:00, then take the bus to Dudley. I just don't want to be waiting for a bus in the dark. Shari said Diana lives near me; she contacted her, Diana called me, and it's all arranged.
That left only the problem of what I could bring for the covered dish, but I solved that by going to Trader Joe's at the mall (where all the buses stop). Looked around and finally bought a container of miniature peanut butter cups. I'm going to put them in a small basket, with a one of my little skeltons holding fancy label telling what they are.
Nancy and I confirmed our movie date (A Star Is Born) for Friday and Diane accepted my invitation to accompany me to the museum's pancake breakfast and tour on Saturday. It's free for members (that's me!) and one guest.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...