Thursday, October 18, 2018

Cole Porter And Grapes & Hops

Walked, worked on the illustrations for "A Halloween Story," and generally occupied myself until after lunch, when I left for town.
It was a gorgeous day on The Promenade--sunny, hardly a cloud in the sky, and with the beautiful Pacific rolling in. I thought of that great Cole Porter song:
It's the wrong time, and the wrong place
Though your face is charming, it's the wrong face
It's not his face, but such a charming face
That it's all right with me.It's not my ocean, but it's a lovely ocean, and it's all right with me.
Got to Grapes & Hops early and sat on the patio waiting for my pals. They came shortly and we adjourned to a table and ordered our individual drinks and caprese paninis. They were good, if nothing special, but we had our usual fun time. Carolyn's birthday was on Tuesday and we laughed over the fact she had turned 57--younger than two of my children.   
Nancy suggested we meet at Rumfish next time and we all agreed. However, when I got home, I realized I have the Dudley House covered dish at 6:30 that day, and I'm not sure I can make both. I'll mull it over.
Didn't get home until almost 7:00, when it was almost full dark. 


No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...