Saturday, October 27, 2018

"A Star Is Born"

Walked in the morning, then Cheryl picked me up for T.O.P.S.  Weight was up a bit, but less than a pound, to 129.1, so I was okay with that. Didn't get breakfast until 10:00 and left shortly after for town. Got off at the library and walked to the p.o to mail Halloween cards to my great-grandsons. Okay, one is 16, but I like to send them cards, anyway. I took with me some cut fruit. I ate that in the park for lunch, then then met Nancy at the Midtown for A Star Is Born. 
Hey, we both loved it; I thought Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper were superb. Went after to Casa Bella for Happy Hour, and talked ant talked and talked. We covered mostly politics and the state of the world today, but also our Catholic pasts and free-thinking presents. We don't agree on a lot of things, but that doesn't keep up from enjoyable discussion.
Ellen had called during the movie, and I called her back when I was on the bus home. They had a nice time in Santa Barbara, and are expecting a visit from their friends from Germany. I didn't get home until after 7:00, so full dark, but safe and sound, anyway.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...