Sunday, October 28, 2018

Museum With Diane

I'm getting downright decadent: I skipped the morning walk to shower and wash my hair to get ready for the museum breakfast at 9:00. The Access van came way early, just after 8:00 and it takes only twenty minutes or so to get there. However, it was again a beautiful day and I just sat on a bench in front of the mission to wait for Diane.
She arrived soon and we went in. Had a yummy pancake breakfast donated by the Elks, then looked at the exhibits. I was surprised that Diane had never been there and she greatly enjoyed it. We had our picture taken in something like the setup for the famous Brown Derby in L.A., gone there many years.
While we were walking back on Main, we got into a discussion--well, more like an argument--about quantum physics and the supernatural.  Yes, I'm a materialist (read "realist") through and through, so I  confess I get annoyed at this new agey type of goofiness. I like Diane, but in truth, she seems not to grasp the difference between opinion and fact. The height of Mount Everest is a fact, whether chocolate or vanilla ice cream is better is an opinion. Because Diane has lived in Mexico (she is not Latino), she seems to think her opinion about Mexican immigrants who come here is sound.  It isn't, nor is it unsound--it's just her opinion.
Anyway, we got over that and I walked her to her street, then hopped the bus for home. Changed and set off with my trusty cart, boarded a bus for Telephone Road, got another to get to WinCo, and bought about all the groceries I could handle.
Betty called while I was on the bus home to ask if I could come see her new apartment when her daughter and son-in-law were away from November twelfth to the fifteenth. But I'm leaving for Jersey shortly after, so that's out. Possibly, I could come earlier, but we'll see.
Home, I put the things from WinCo away, then walked over to Von's for bleach and cottage cheese. For the first time, I used an electronic coupon; I had it transferred from my e-mail to my phone, which I showed the cashier--that worked out well.
Called Bill Galway to get his charge for some work he did around my house--$130, which is reasonable--and chatted with him about Jersey weather and so on.  Now today, I must concentrate on prep for the DMV test, which is tomorrow--AAGH!

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...