Tuesday, October 30, 2018

DMV

I PASSED THE DMV TEST--YAY!
Walked in the morning, but cut it a bit short. Had breakfast, then got back on-line to take the practice tests. Changed and ate just a few mouthfuls of turkey, then went out to wait for the van. My appointment was at 1:15, but the "envelope" the van person gave me was 11:59 to 12:15 and darned if it didn't get here at the earliest.
That meant I was 45 minutes early for my appointment, but I really didn't care. The DMV office is near a shopping center with restaurants and I thought I might have lunch there after (as it turned out, I decided not to).
I was given an eye test and the written test first (I was surprised the latter was on paper, not on-line), then the "hearing" took place. It was just me and Mr. Chacon in his office--but it was under oath and was recorded. There's no point in going through it; suffice it to say, I passed and Mr. C. made an appointment for me to take the road test on November 13 in Ventura.
I was out of there before 2:00 and called Access to be taken home. However, I was told I couldn't be picked up until between 3:00 and 3:30, so I called to cancel when I found out there was a bus stop nearby. Got on a the 22 bus and--surprise!--it stopped at St. John's. Impulsively, I decided to go in and say hello  to Suzanne.
Surprise again--she wasn't working yesterday, which I was told when I finally found her office. No prob, I just took the next bus (no. 22) out, which went to East Ventura, then boarded another (no. 10) that goes down Telegraph. Had a light salad, then prepared to go to town, although it was after 4:00 by that time.
Biggest (and best) surprise of all, as I was nearing the bus stop, a car stopped and it was Ellen!  She was going to Target, so I hopped in, and went with her. We shopped, said goodbye, then I went home and relaxed.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Congrats on the test. You must feel relieved it's over. Time to celebrate. How neat to have Ellen driving by the bus stop and you happened to be waiting there.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat--relieved is the word!

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...