Friday, October 12, 2018

Around And About

Did the uphill mile and some, had breakfast, then signed a document for the DMV.  I was about to mail it off when I noticed somebody from AAA was supposed to sign, too, but they hadn't. I decided to walk to the office on Victoria Avenue and ask them about it.  Looked it up later and saw that it's 1.6 miles, a robust, but not exhausting walk. Got there and after talking to several people, an official named Carlotta took it, gave me a copy, and said she'd follow up. Went from there to Ralph's for blackberries and raspberries, then to another store for grapes; took the bus home.
After lunch, bused to town and did something I've been wanting to: became a member of the museum. Forty bucks, but I get into exhibits free and they even gave me a tee shirt. On the way home, brother Jim called. He had sent me our father's diary, but to my old address. Luckily, it was sent back, I gave him the new one, and will get it soon.
Just as I walked into the apartment complex, niece Carolyn called to see if I wanted to go to Ojai with her and Betty to an "Art Walk."  One of her friends is an artist who lives only a block from Ellen and his paintings are on the tour. Carolyn had already called Ellen, who's on board, and of course, so am I.  Incidentally, Betty moves into her new apartment on November 1, a big step we're  all happy about.
For some reason, I had difficulty sleeping last night. Got up for the usual twice and kept taking a long time falling back. This seem to happen every few months; not sure why. 

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...