Friday, October 26, 2018

Doctor And Stella

The Access van picked me up and got me to the doctor's office for my appointment at 9:00. This took an annoyingly long time, but once I saw Dr. J. (who, presumably, will assure the DMV I'm not certifiable), got a vision test and a flu shot, I was outta there. Decided not to bother waiting for the bus, but walked to Telephone Road, then to Victoria, a little more than two miles. Got  the bus home, and finally had breakfast at almost noon.
Stella called to see if we could meet and I told her I'd see her about 3:00 at Surfers' Point. Got there around 2:30 and was hungry, so stopped for a bite at the Aloha. Met Stella after that and we strolled along The Promenade, then the bike path for maybe two miles.  By that time, it was almost 5:00 and Stella suggested we stop for dinner. I wasn't hungry, but we went to the Blue Agave and I had a Margarita, while she had a salad and a "mule" (a drink with ginger beer and tequila, served in a silver mug). 
When we left, Stella noticed the old house next door to the Blue Agave, which has been turned into a bar. I was always curious about it, but never had the nerve to go in; however, Stella, whom I thought was somewhat shy and retiring, walked right in and I followed. We talked to a guy decorating with "cobwebs" and actually explored the whole place, including the upstairs. Interesting.
By the time we parted, it was after 6:00 and by the time I got home, it was 7:00 and full dark. Aside from the doctor visit, it was an enjoyable day and I definitely got plenty of walking in. 

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...