Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Chores and Errands

After Kimball and breakfast, I plunged into the chores I wanted to get done. Stripped the bed and re-made, did two loads of wash (one bleach, one not), and finally, at long last, finished the game for T.O.P.S. except for gluing together.
That took until lunch, after which I hopped a bus, thinking I'd go into town as usual, and do my walk. However, I stayed on after it got to Pacific View Mall (where all the buses go to discharge, leave off, and transfer) and when it started  up again, it went in the opposite direction.
I could easily have gotten off and walked back to a town bus, but I had no particular reason, so I stayed on and again went to Oxnard. It stopped at a shopping center, I got off and strolled around for a while, then boarded the next bus back to Ventura.
Got off near my place, picked up my car, and drove to a 99 Cent store (all the items aren't 99 cents; most are 1, 2, 3 dollars and 99 cents, and up). Got what I wanted to add to the game, plus a  few other items.
I received an e-mail message from the Ventura city clerk, asking if I'd like to apply for the library advisory commission again. I had done it last year and had been interviewed (I'm sure they have to interview  anyone who applies) but I didn't take it very seriously and wasn't chosen. Now I'm not sure if I really want to be on this committee. I'll think about it.
Betty called to tell me that the apartment she'll probably move into, was available. She and Carolyn were going to see it and I asked her to let me know how it went.


No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...