Saturday, February 06, 2016

Lunch With Diana

Niece Carolyn called in response to my message and we made a date for lunch on Monday. I'm happy to say she agreed to accept my unopened bottle of vile Gatorade; she doesn't like it, but her kids do.
Spent the morning on this and that, then washed and dressed for my lunch date. Diana and I met at Macaroni Grille (that strikes me as a stupid name for a nice restaurant with really good food). I had sausage rigatoni and was able to take half home for dinner, plus a Blue Moon. They bring a nice little loaf of bread to the table, too, along with the obligatory olive oil dish.
We talked and talked and talked for two hours. I got to know about her siblings, deceased parents, and ex. About the latter, I was interested to hear he teaches at the Savannah College of Art and Design, where my daughter-in-law, Paula, got her master's. Mike and Paula lived in Savannah for several years.
Diana is probably about 65, but looks younger and is very attractive. She's tall (well, compared to me), blonde, and slender. I'm always in awe and envy of these types who seem to have little attachment to food. She's a native of Rochester, NY, but has lived in California since she graduated from NYU. She's still a practicing psychologist, but only on a on-call basis for the court system.
I told her a bit of my family story--not all of it, as we didn't have three days--along with my acting background and my hope to resume teaching my acting course. We finally left after 3:00, assuring each other we'd keep in touch.
I then drove directly to the post office to mail off yet another forwarded document to Mike, and stopped at the library after. Picked up a few books on or by George Carlin, one of my heroes--I wish he was still around, as he'd surely act as a bracing antidote for Politician Worship Disease (Sanders, Obama, Trump, or Ish Kabibble).

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...