Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Plays and Lungs

Spent a lot of time on revisions to plays I want to submit to the Santa Paula Company. I was hard put to decide which ones--they accept only three--but have decided on Imposter, with the twist at the end; A Conversation in April, the mood piece; and the rhyming couplet comedy, Hell On Wheels. I still have a little to modify.
Sent off electronically my application for the Council on Seniors. Looked up and called several tax accountants to get an idea of their fees. Only heard back from one, but no matter, as see below.
Called Ryan, the art hanger, and told him I had forgotten about the third A.C. picture (true) and asked if he'd add it to the two large ones and the mirror, still for $180. He agreed and he'll come tomorrow to do the job.
Had a big salad for lunch, then showered and dressed for my appointments. The fact that the x-ray and the pulmonologist's office are in the same building is convenient. Actually, so is the colonoscopy doctor's office.
Got the x-ray, which was immediately sent (electronically, of course) to Dr. A. I saw him right after and finally asked--I hadn't thought of it before--why he wanted another x-ray, as the first had shown just a hiatal hernia. He said he had seen a kind of "smudge" on the lower part of the left lung. He was quite sure it was nothing to worry about, but he wanted another look at it. He said if it proved to be suspicious, he'd order a MRI. However, he said he wanted a radiologist to look at it, which I thought would necessitate another visit somewhere, but it didn't. He took me into his office, put the x-ray on the screen, and just picked up the phone and called a radiologist in the same building. The latter looked, assured both Dr. A. and me it was nothing, and that was that. Whew--good!
Stopped at the library and picked up three more books. I'm into Love in the Time of Cholera, but I want to switch off to non-fiction (and I've already got Kissinger--ugh!--in the car), so I picked up My Years in in>Service, Kitty Genovese, and True Tales of Hollywood, thereby feeding my addiction to British society, murder, and movies.
I was getting my mail when Michelle, whom I know from Golden Girls, came up and we chatted. She mentioned she was busy with tax returns and then I remembered she did them and hey, will you take a stab at mine? She agreed, of course, and gave me her e-mail address. I wrote her, she wrote back, and we made a date for a week from today at noon.
Going to the Center today for the three dollar lunch--whee!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...