Thursday, February 04, 2016

Busy Day and Diana

Very busy, productive day. I like to wash bed clothes soon after they come off, so did a wash early. Made a multitude of phone calls I had been putting off, including to Time Warner so they'll come and put my computer outlet on the other wall when I decide if I want to. Got a bill from Community Memorial for when I got the transfusion--charge was $5,192, which made me laugh. I called just to be sure Medicare and Horizon had kicked in. They had and my portion is $238.70--okay, not too bad. Called Horizon to ask them to send me a check for the double payment I accidentally made for January. They will, but it may take 30 days. Very funny, because if it does, I might as well just have them keep it for the February payment. Signed up by phone to attend an "Aging for Women Symposium" in June. Funny name--as if women will be instructed in how to age. (Could you decline and decide not to age?) Called Diana N., whom I had met at the seminar on Saturday and we made a date for lunch tomorrow. Made a few other calls in between the laundry runs.
My cousin, Diana Figenshu S.,* has a clutter control business in New Hampshire and she issued a challenge, to wit: To resolve not to buy food for the month of February, but to "eat down" what was already in fridge, freeze, and pantry. Well, I accepted that and found a nice small pork roast in the freezer. Put it in the slow cooker and added a can of cream of mushroom soup and envelope of Lipton Onion, set it to simmer and went out, hoping for the best.
Stopped at DMV to ask how many times you can take the written test if you fail the first (two more--goes to show how confident I am). Went to a glass company on Market Street to ask how much to cover my desk ($51 plus tax; I'll shop around). Saw a nearby auto collision place and got an estimate for fixing the scrape on my rear bumper from when I back into it at the library ($425--ouch, but that may be a good price). Got gas, then say they had a car wash and got mine done. Last stop was WinCo, where I got ONLY Romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, oranges, and bread, things that don't keep.
Home, I had the aforementioned pork for dinner. It was delicious, wonderfully tender and flavorful. I ate half (that's all I wanted for dinner) and will have the other half tomorrow.
Called Nancy after dinner and we chatted for some time. She's had yet more problems, now in the dental area. The bridge in her mouth split or something and, considering it was anchored to a tooth with a root canal, that could be a major problem. Also, she continues to battle the insurance company to pay for her infusions for anemia.
Called Ellen. She had to take her car in for service and had asked if I might be able to pick her up after work (Greg will take her in). One of the other teachers may be able to drop her off; if so, she'll text me, otherwise, she'll call me.
* Actually, Diana is my first cousin, once removed. Her Dad, Tom, was my first cousin on the maternal side.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...