Friday, February 12, 2016

All Around Town

Went to my 11:00 appointment and got my ears dredged. Doc looked in both and said the right one was blocked, too. Gawd, that's the one I thought I could hear with. He didn't do the job, a nurse did. She said she had done it hundreds of times and I'm sure that was true. She was very efficient, but I won't describe the procedure, as I HATE like poison anybody sticking things in my ear. It took a good fifteen minutes on each side, but the result is--
--I CAN HEAR! Wow, what a difference; not only can I hear, but I can hear out of both ears. Also asked the nurse if she would order my medication from Humana. Darn, no, because the original Rx was from my doctor in Jersey. However, she told me to call Humana and give the fax number for Primary Medical and they'll take care of it. I did and they will.
The gastrointestinal doctor had sent me a form for another blood test. I have a follow-up with him on March 18, so I had plenty of time, but thought I might swing over to Quest to see if I had to fast. No, I didn't, and what was better, they accept walk-ins on Thursdays and said it would be a wait of only about fifteen. Got it drawn, thanked the drawer, and was on my way.
Betty called to ask me to provide her with questions to ask eighth-graders at Star-of-the-Sea who are up for scholarships at Holy Spirit. She's on a three-person committee that talks to the kids before the principal decides, I guess. This isn't rocket science and I gave her several that struck me as obvious.
I called my friend in New Mexico (yesterday was her Dad's birthday) and caught her at the library. She asked if she could call me back when she got outside, and did. She said she was walking home and I was surprised that she became somewhat out of breath (but could still talk), considering she's a runner, hiker, and all around vigorous person. She told me it was uphill, which explained the puzzle.
Got an e-mail back from my long time colleague at Rider, Dave Perry. I'll wait a few days and respond.
I've decided to sell my jewel box. It's a large, oriental style chest, which I've had about forty years. However, it's big and heavy and I really don't have a place to put it in the bedroom. I had been given a smaller one (with music) for my twenty-five years at Rider and that fits on the lower shelf of my bedside table. I started transferring jewelry, then realized that, even though I separated out some for the thrift store, there wasn't quite enough room for what I wanted to keep. After lunch I drove to the Coalition Thrift Store in town (larger and better than Goodwill where I usually go) and picked up an auxiliary jewel box for four bucks. It's just right to hold the overflow and is actually very attractive with a dark brown cloth covering embroidered with birds and flowers.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

HEY ROSEMARY....oh Pat there is no need to type in caps...Rosemary can hear.
That's wonderful .....wax was the culprit. Must have been a thrill to hear out of both ears. I'm happy for you.

Mimi said...

Pat, I was especially nervous because my mother had a pretty profound hearing loss started when she was in her sixties. As far as I know, I can still hear all right, so I'll accept the wax verdict with pleasure.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...