Monday, June 01, 2015

Bloggin' at the Library

Here I am at the library again.  Yesterday, Dr. M., that great guy, came all the way down here in response to my distress signal, and spent several hours working on my computer.  He tried to transfer my data from my hard drive to one he brought with him--I think--but it was very slow going and he finally took it home to work on it there.
It's incredible how much I use it--and how difficult it is not to have it.  Of course, I communicate hither and yon by e-mail, plus keep this blog, plus play "hidden object" games, plus am on Facebook everyday, plus look up everything from recipes to mass murderers (oh, don't ask).  Now I have to change my morning routine, for one thing, dang it, but I guess I'll survive.
I made ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-ONE dollars at the flea market.  It's great fun to make money, but the biggest advantage to selling is, you get rid of the stuff.  I sold most for a song, but so what?  Considering I would have just donated or thrown it away otherwise, why not?
Besides, it's a lot of fun.  I like talking to customers, bargaining with them, suggesting they might like this or that, and so on.  You get to be instant friends--for five or so hours, that is--with fellow vendors and on Saturday, we got a free hot dog and soda to boot!  Can't beat that.
Yesterday, Sunday, was filled with brilliant, beautiful sunshine and today, which I think is Monday, I woke up to pouring rain--aagh!  Susan and I walked (are we nuts or what), but cut it a bit short.  Went in through the garage, and had to change from the skin out, as I was soaked.  Luckily, it has now stopped and, although not sunnier, at least isn't raining. 
I had done a fair amount of cleaning on Sunday, even while Dr. M. was here, so today, I just vacuumed, swept, and so on.  Left a few lights on--more inviting that way, I think--and left about ten. The lookers are supposed to come between 12:00 and 1:00, so I guess I'll go up to Manahawkin in the interim.

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Flea markets (and garage sales) -- good stuff. Make a few bucks, get rid of things you don't use, get room in your house, feel better about the things you got rid of than if you'd just given them away or tossed 'em, talk to a bunch of random people ... what's not to like? I need to do some of that myself.

Mimi said...

Do it, Jom!

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...