Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Produce and Stuff

Oh, joy! My sweet little 'puter is all better! Baby isn't home yet, though, as Dr. Mike won't be able to come down to hook her up until he has the time, but he assures me all is well. "My Word documents?" I asked--"yes." "My hidden object games?"--"yes." Facebook and this blog and e-mail and all the sites I visit most often? Yes, yes, and yes--HURRAH!
Found that out yesterday after I got up to my friends and we picked at the farm. It's lettuce season--with a vengeance--and I brought home three large heads--two of which I gave to neighbors--plus three quarts of strawberries. See below for a greens report.
I accepted friend's invitation to dinner, always a pleasure, then drove home at my leisure.
Before that, I met eight other "Sparklers" (why in the HELL am I in that group?) at the Japanese restaurant for lunch. I had sushi, which was good, but it's taxing to be with old ladies with whom I have almost nothing in common. Not sure why I don't just drop out, but--I don't.
Now it's almost 1:30 and I just came from my friend, Claire's. She bought my old platter for twenty-five bucks, which will cover my "dinner with the crazies" when we meet tonight at Chibchbon (or whatever), a Chinese buffet in Manahawkin.
Back to this morning: I spent several hours washing, trimming, cooking, and freezing a variety of greens: collards, bok choy, spinach, and something else I have no idea what is (Sr. Gabriel is spinning in her grave). I plan to add them when I stir fry meat, garlic, and onions.
Greatly enjoyed new videos of precious little guy in Tokyo, now edging closer to his second birthday in September. I wish so much I could put him on my knew and play "This is the way the lady (gentleman, farmer) rides" and "Ride a cock horse to Banberry Cross/To see a fine lady upon a white horse/Rings on her fingers and bells on her toes/And she shall have music where-EVER she goes!" At "wherever," you have to raise your voice and push your knee up; baby gets a kick out of that. I hope his parents see that and treat my dear little K.

3 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Glad to hear you'll soon be computing again! Sounds like you didn't lose anything, either. Good deal.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Jim. Now I have a question: Have you shut down your blog and Facebook pagea? I tried to get into recently and was unable. Say it ain't so, Jim!

Jim Wetzel said...

I am out of Facebook, but my blog is still right where it always was. I was freshly made aware recently of how enthusiastically Facebook has joined the national government/corporate mass surveillance game, and so I deleted my account there. I'm taking some steps to try to reduce my surveillance exposure a little ... not that I expect it to make any real difference, but just on principle. In fact, I blogged about it the other day, and I linked the blog post on Facebook just before I deleted myself there. The link probably went down the memory hole. Such is life.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...