Friday, June 26, 2015

The Tenth of July and Anne Mary

               The Usual "My Day and Welcome to It"
Okay, this is it: Walter e-mailed me that the contract is being written up and could I live with renting on the tenth?  That's the tenth of July, folks!  That's just two weeks from now.  I wrote back accepting that date, but boy, there's still a slew of things to get done.
Well, I accomplished quite a bit done yesterday, at least.  Spent most of the morning washing, chopping, and otherwise preparing the chard, Chinese cabbage (lots of little green bugs between the leaves), lettuce (three heads), and zucchini, and cooking some of it. Stir-fried the chard, garlic, and onions with leftover ground turkey for lunch and it was pretty good.
Took another carload to the thrift store and dropped it off.  Went to the bank. Got a card for my great-grandson, who will be a teenager(!) on Sunday and two more for the little girls in Singapore.  Bought three place mats at the SOCH thrift store in preparation for P.J.'s and his wife's visit tomorrow. I'm not so sure I'll give them lunch here, though; maybe I'll just take them out.
Betty called to say her breakfast group would like me to join them for dinner on Tuesday when they go out for somebody's birthday. Guess I will, but that's farm day, too; I'll have to get up there early or I might just skip it this time.
I also asked Betty if she could come and take some of my castoffs. I hope she will today, but she said Pat Kennedy H. is in town and she might be seeing her today.
Looked into airline tickets--it seemed very strange to be looking for one way--and saw they're about half as expensive if not non-stop. Ugh, I hate having to go up again, but guess I will.
                               The Anne Mary Section
I understand I'm being discussed as a candidate for sainthood.Why? Because when I came back from the farm on Tuesday, I saw an ambulance and police car outside the home of neighbor, Anne Mary H.  Went there to offer help, but it wasn't needed, as she had others with her.  Left a message yesterday asking how she was, and she called me back at 8:00 pm.  She responded, non-stop, until 8:34.
Unbelievable!  She simply never shuts up.  She has to start from year one and describe her every ache, pain, diarrhea episode, and where her doctors went to school, and how something similar happened to her mother's cousin's friend's manicurist, but of course, not nearly as badly as what happened to her because everything that surrounds her is unique, amazing, and unprecedented, from her salmon tulips to her miniature poodle, and especially her own corporal self, a medical miracle featured in the AMA Journal, and discussed in the halls of medicine from one side of the planet to the other...
To mark my captive audience martyrdom, surely more horrendous than burning at the stake, I'll be featured in prayer books and mass cards from here on in.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

OMG Rosemary, it's really happening. Your big move used to seem way way in the future-- and now it's happening. I bet you have some mixed feelings---but California sunshine is waiting to welcome you.

Re Anne Mary--you describe this personality perfectly. These people have no idea how they come across OR they just don't care. It seems to me there's one in every neighborhood/community. It may not be 'nice', but I just cut them off at the first opening.

Mimi said...

1. Mixed feelings? Maybe a tad, but no more than when I moved from Ewing after 41 years. Mostly, I'm excited about seeing more of Ellen (and her Gregg), decorating my apartment, and starting my new career venture. I was happy here, yes, and will miss some of my friends (Aline, especially); other than that, I'm pretty much rarin' to go.

2. Cut the talkers off???? Pat, you'll never get your heavenly crown that way!

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...