Saturday, June 06, 2015

The Tablet and So On

Well, I got the tablet to work--mostly--and thought I could even write with it on this blog, but without going into all the details, that turned out to be problematic.  It's very difficult for me to use the virtual keyboard for lengthy writing, as it's so sensitive, although it's fine for a sentence or two.  Also, I kept accidentally leaving the page and didn't know how to go back to, or retain, the few lines I had written.  It then finally occurred to me to attach the real keyboard.  This worked better, but there were still problems, notably with the little arrow that I accidentally would touch; then, all disappeared. 
Anyway, I am able to access my e-mail on it, as well as Google+ and other sites, so I'm very glad I have it and grateful to my precious, darling, wonderful children (ha!) who gave it to me. 
Of course, it isn't perfect, even if they are (double ha!).  The problem for me, anyway, is it's almost entirely different from my "real" (desktop) computer, with which I'm so familiar.  That means I have to kind of unlearn and relearn and this old learnin' noggin isn't as lively as it used to be.
BUT--I got a call this morning from my friend, asking if I wanted to pick today (we didn't get there on Tuesday).  Sure thing (I almost never turn down a chance to be with her, never mind the occasion) and she said her hubby, Dr. M., asked me to bring the keyboard for the desktop.  That sounds hopeful and it's already loaded in the car.
As for yesterday:  Claire E. returned my call; I had offered to give my ethnic dolls to her or anyone else in her doll club. Also, she had approached me about giving a talk on the Dionne Quintuplets to the group at its August meeting.  If I'm still here then, I agree. Members are probably familiar with the DQ Madame Alexander dolls.  I, of course, don't have them, as all five cost close to eight thou last time I checked, but I'll shape my talk around them.  I told Claire I'd bring over the dolls after my blog session here.
Aside from that, yesterday included little of note except a boring amount of shopping at both Manahawkin and Galloway Shop-Rites.  I'm reading (on the tablet) "The Wright Brothers." by David McCullough.  I'm only into a few pages, but it's absorbing already.
Called Betty this morning to tell her Bernadette Ellis McBeth has died.  She went to school with my husband and he and Bernadette's brother were good friends.  "And death shall have no dominion...."  But it does.
.    

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Sad to read about Bernadette. She graduated with your brother Frank and my brother Jim in '52. I remember my bro took her to their prom. I met up with her through the years and was very fond of her.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...