Thursday, June 04, 2015

Thursday

Continuing from yesterday:
Said goodbye to Aline after our computer session and  headed home to lunch.  I'd been meaning to call the computer guy who advertises in Tuckerton about my tablet not lighting up.  Did so, but he was very busy and suggested I call "Tech Medic" in Manahawkin.  Instead, I drove up there and a very  nice young man at the place showed me that there's a port not only on the keyboard end (which is where I always plugged it in), but on the screen part, too.  He plugged it in there and darned if it didn't light up--great!  He wouldn't charge me anything and I thanked him profusely and left.  Now, at least, I can check my e-mail and Facebook.  Unfortunately, my blog won't allowed me to write anything, although I can read it.  Oh, well, I'll just go to the library in the morning.
Stopped at Kohl's to return the shoes I bought weeks ago; they're uncomfortable, for some reason.  Now I have a gift card, so might use it to buy my outfit for grandson, Joel's, wedding.
My friend came and brought bok choy, spinach, and lots of lettuce.  At my request, she took my large, mahogany-framed mirror and, plus the wheelchair and walker my husband had used.  That freed up space in the garage, which I want to neaten up.
I stir-fried the greens and cut up the lettuce; ate the spinach for dinner.  Then I impulsively jumped in the car and drove back to Manahawkin--I should be shot--to write this out at the library; I'll go back to the Little Egg one tomorrow (which is now today) to finish up.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...