Saturday, June 13, 2015

Grandsons and a "Drama" Surprise

Had nothing scheduled yesterday, fine by me. I did several loads of wash, picked up this and that at Shop-Rite, and otherwise caught up with the everyday minutiae that seems to define my life. Late in the day, I cut up and stir-fried garlic, onions, and mushrooms, then added bok Choy and ground turkey. It made a good dinner, and I have two more portions left over.
I was delighted to receive a Skype visit for The Adorable One in Tokyo. This time, we had a learned discussion during breakfast about hands, ears, his nose and Daddy's nose, and other fascinating subjects. Later, I "followed" while he slipped into Daddy's slipper and toured the balcony. What a pure pleasure to see and interact with my darling grandson!
And my other darling grandson? He's getting married tomorrow and the rehearsal dinner is this evening at his Mom's. So guest wouldn't run out screaming when they got a look at me, I just came from the hairdressers. I had Krista just do a comb out and, to be honest, I'm not crazy about the look. And, after I sleep on it? Who knows, but it is what it is and the heck with it.
I looked into Facebook this morning and was stunned to see that an FB "friend" (I haven't met him in person, but through another FB) had posted "The Potato Family" in its entirety. This is a short playlet--a skit, really--and why would I have such a reaction to seeing it? Because I wrote it, that's why, and have no idea how Dan McM. got it. Somebody must have given it to him, but I can't imagine who. I wrote it at least seven or eight years ago, and it was performed in a Sunrise Bay Drama Club show. I don't even remember if I brought it to Players & Playwrights, but I'm surely going to find out.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...