Saturday, June 27, 2015

Justice, Lunch, and Next Door Neighbors

Early on, I sped over to Justice to exchange for size two things I had gotten the girls.  Accomplished that, wrapped and put both in a big bubble wrap envelope and took to the P.O.
Betty arrived shortly after and I showed her some things I didn't want to take to CA and thought she might want.  She did, and I also gave her some clothes I had--uh, outgrown.
We went to Cuisine on the Green for lunch (one reason I've been outgrowing things) and sat outside.  Very pleasant and we had a good lunch and, of course, talk.  C. on the G. is sometimes spotty--or downright incompetent--when it comes to the wait staff, but we had excellent service yesterday.  I'll see Betty Tuesday when I meet her breakfast group for dinner to celebrate Helen C.'s birthday.
I was surprised and gratified to get an e-mail from Comcast (in the guise of Infinity) saying they would credit me five bucks because of the Internet loss the other day. I guess wonders never cease in Cyberland.
Nothing brought home to me more strongly the fact that I'm leaving than a goodbye phone call I got last night from Frank and Barbara next door. They're leaving today for an Alaskan cruise and I'll be gone when they get back.  I told them they were the best neighbors anyone could ever have, wonderful friends over these thirteen years. That's so true, it hurts.
It hurts a lot, in fact.  Boy, will I miss them.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...