Monday, June 29, 2015

Birthdays and Busyness

Yesterday was my older son's birthday and also my older great-grandson's, who became a teenager for the first time--wow!
Working my fingers to the bone, I packed a lot of the paperwork from the study.  Finally completely cleared the guest room closet and put stuff from there in the car to take to the thrift store.  Drove to Manahawkin to pick up this 'n' that at B.J.'s and Bed, Bath & Beyond.  
Brother Jim called and I was so glad to talk to him.  He and Therese are settling in to an extent, but it's still hard for him to adjust.  I think he's lonely.  I wish I had time to visit him before I go.  My big brother--if anyone wants to know what a good and decent man looks like, travel to Arlington, Virginia.
Talked to Betty, Ellen, and my friend.  E. left for home after their reunion and was calling from Arizona.  Friend is still in New Mexico, but will be back soon.
I'm getting nervous about timing now.  I have to get my plane ticket and I need to see that signed contract so I can be absolutely sure.   I'm antsy about getting the things that will be Betty's out of the house, too.  Well, I guess it will all come together eventually...




No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...