Sunday, June 07, 2015

Good, Good Day

I had such a neat time yesterday!  My friend called early to ask if I wanted to go to the farm, as we hadn't gotten there on Tuesday.  Well, sure, and I got up to her place about 3.  Oops--while I was on my way, she found out it closes at that time on Saturday.  But no matter: instead, we went to the mall to buy items for the rehearsal dinner, which she's hosting the evening before the upcoming wedding.  After, she cooked a yummy dinner of shrimp over pasta, with one of her imaginative salads.  She showed me her mother-of-the-groom gown--long, pale pink chiffon with sparkles and just gorgeous.  She also showed me her anniversary present from her gem of a husband (and my computer guru):  a stunning ring, with three diamonds.  Mike had inherited quite a bit of jewelry from his mother and my friend herself had designed the setting.  They then had it made idn'by a jeweler in Philadelphia.  We then drove to Bradley Beach, where she ran for an hour and a half, covering ten miles and I did the same (yeah, sure, uh-huh).  Okay, I walked on the boardwalk for a bit, then waited for her to get back.  Drove back to her place, we hugged goodbye, and I drove home.  Didn't get in until after 10, but I didn't care, after being with one of my favorite people in the world.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...