Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Good News

Good news, I'm pretty sure. Went up to my friend's yesterday, then we took off for the farm. We divided the labor: She picked (the hard part) and I gathered in the barn. Got back to her place quickly; I declined dinner, but she gave me chicken masala left over from the rehearsal dinner and pasta, ditto. She also told me to take what I wanted of the pretty red and white carnations in the red vases she had had on the tables. I took three, then took off.
Home, I decided to take one of the vases to Walter, as it was his birthday yesterday. I also wanted to see the application, which he gave me.
When I read it, I thought he must had made this person up. Without going into detail: She's 68, a single woman with one declawed cat, two grown children (who live elsewhere), and her townhouse in Toms River has been sold (although the prospective buyers are still waiting for the mortgage to go through). All that is peripheral to the best part: Her credit rating is excellent.
There was a note with the application from the other agent, suggesting that I call her. I did, she sounded very nice on the phone, although we didn't talk long. I told her it was a great place to live, with wonderful neighbors, and that I would not have moved except to be near one of my children. I hope all will go well, with the only snag lurking, the fact that her buyers want to get in on July 1, so she in turn--. Yoicks, July first! That's so close AND my friend will be in New Mexico from June 23 to the 30th. Okay, we'll deal with it and I'm not looking for negatives.
My friend is coming after work today to hook up my computer, from whom I've now been separated for weeks. Hope it goes without a snag, although I at least have the library backup, for which I'm so grateful.
I'm picking up my friend, Claire E., at noon and we'll explored Unshredded Nostalgia, in Barnegat, the go to lunch. Then I think I'll go home and start packing more stuff. FOCUS is my motto. The wedding's over and I have two other obligation: the P & P. show on Saturday and meeting my cousin, John, in Philly on Monday. Okay, aside from that, it's going to be packing and preparing all the time.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...