Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Last LBI Day

Fine, fun day.  Picked up my pal, Aline, at the bus stop by Dynasty, as she had stayed over in Manhattan.  She suggested we eat at Ichiban (or something) Chinese, and I acquiesced.
Actually, I'm not crazy about the place, as it's a buffet. The food is excellent--a terrific variety with yummy and fresh selections.  The problem is in the setup itself, combined with my ever-so-slovenly sense of how much is enough.  I invariably overeat; if I don't, I tend to have an aggrieved feeling that I'm not getting my money's worth. Stupid, but there you are.
However, I didn't go too far overboard and it was enjoyable, of course.  Aline asked if we could stop at Wal-Mart after and sure, why not.  (She's leaving tomorrow for an almost month-long trip to Provincetown and Boston.)
Drove to Long Beach Island for the last time, I think.  Even though it was Monday, summer was in high swing and LBI was packed. Went down to the southern tip--Holgate, our favorite place. We sat and viewed the sparkling water and crashing waves, staying for more than an hour.
I reflected that soon, "my" ocean will be the one in the west.  But oh, no, never.  The Pacific will become my changeling child, but I'll love the Atlantic Ocean until the day I die.
Went to drop Aline off about 5:00 and we discovered she didn't have her key and her sister was out.  We looked under plants and so on, but no luck.  Finally, I took her home and she enjoyed some videos of the Terrific Tokyo Almost Two Tot, with peach mango iced tea and cheese crackers.  She insisted I take her home a bit after 7:00, saying she'd happily sit on the porch and read.  I did so and she called a short time later to say her sister had come home and all was well. I'll see her again for breakfast tomorrow, so good, good, good.
Susan called to say she and a group of other friends wanted to take me to lunch at the Old Causeway on Monday, the fifth, and would that be all right?  Damn straight it would, and I'm looking forward to it.
Only recent dark item is the fact that my left knee started bothering me. Don't know why and I'm hoping if I ignore it, it will go away.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...