Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Lots

All kinds of things, some not so good.  Drove the hundred-mile round trip to the farm and got lots of veggies in the barn. Attempted to pick string beans, but the paths between rows were precarious and I stopped.  Dropped off her portion to my friend's house (she was still in New Mexico until last night) and drove home to try to get somebody to move the furniture I'm giving and selling Betty. No luck, plus my moving company called to say they have only the 8th--Monday!--and the 11th open.  The latter is out, so it'll have to be in just a few more days.  That also means I'll have to tell Susan the luncheon she and my other friends had planned for me for Monday can't happen--at least not on that day.
To complicate matters further, I have to pick up my unsold stuff from the consignment shop on Thursday, have a hair appointment and must go to a viewing on Friday, and the fourth of July party at Ray and Barbara's is on Saturday.
More complications:  My knee still isn't right, although it seems somewhat better than yesterday.  I hope it improves.
Met Betty and her friends for early dinner at Carabba's near Boscov's to celebrate Helen Crawford's birthday.  It was pleasant enough; I've known these ladies for a while and many came to my performances, for which I was always pleased.
Ellen called and we discussed the happy fact that gorgeous granddaughter Vivian is coming to visit her for two weeks this month.  Her dad will fly over from Singapore with her, then drive her to Ventura from LAX.  I'm thrilled about this, as it will be great fun to be with both, plus Greg.
The big snag and heavy worry is that Betty hasn't found anyone to move the dining room set and sofa.  We're both trying and I'm frantic about it.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...