Monday, July 06, 2015

The Day the Movers Come

This is it:  The movers are coming in a few hours and the first phase of my five-day moving process will start.  It's going to be tough surviving without my computer, but at least I'll have the tablet and the Kindle, plus I can go to the library.
Spent most of yesterday in the packing mode, with all kinds of snafus and problems, most resolved, though, thanks to my friend.
Now people are coming out of the woodwork, wanting to take me to breakfast, lunch, and dinner--literally.  I'm meeting Betty, Muckie, and Helen tomorrow evening at Outback; Susan and Walter are taking me to "Uncle Will's," a legendary breakfast place on LBI on Thursday; and Judy and Roman are taking me to lunch the same day.  On Friday, a group of Sunrise Bay friends are taking me to lunch at Dockside.  I love to go out to eat, but I wish it was spread out a bit more widely.
My friend came about 1:00 and we got a lot more done--more of the same, of course, what we've been doing for the past several months. Drove to Shop-Rite after dinner (really, just to get out of the house), then home without stopping anywhere else.


No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...