Thursday, July 02, 2015

Lots More

Picked up Aline and we went to breakfast at Dockside, then of course, to view the water.  This will be the last time in a long, long while I'll see her, but we've already vowed that she'll visit me in California, probably next summer.
My friend, back from New Mexico, came at noon, and we worked all day.  Sort, pack, throw away.  Sort, pack, throw away. Sort...
The garage had me worried, but we whittled that problem down considerably.  Along with other items, we loaded my beautiful and cherished Christmas collection into her SUV, and she'll drop them at a thrift store.  Boy, did that cause a pang.  But I just had too, too much and had to relinquish.
We continued on, my friend tackling the kitchen and I my closet.  I decided to separated clothes into three areas:  The things I hung in the portable wardrobe, which I won't see until August; those I'll send ahead to Ellen's, so I'll have them when I get there; and those I'll take with me on the plane.  That was a job.
We worked until after 4:00, by which point, I was exhausted and my friend was just warming up.  She left, but will be back on Sunday and, of course, Monday, which is THE DAY the movers come.
They'll move all but my king-sized bed, which I'm not taking.  I listed it on Craigslist and hope I get a buyer.  Also looked up airline tickets; after talking to Ellen, I think I'll go on Saturday, the 11th or Sunday, 12.
Took my 1940's magazines--mostly Life--to the clubhouse and put on sign on them:  "Take one and stop back in time--FREE, compliments of (my name)."  Ran into a few friends and chatted a bit.
Oh, yes, they're generally pleasant, agreeable people and I'll miss some of them a bit, but mildly.  My life here is drawing down and I'm looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...