Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Back at the You Know Where...

Here I am back at the library at 10:21 on Tuesday.
Because my friend's huge roll of bubble wrap (for which she paid 25 bucks) was gone, I stopped at Bekins about 8 am.  The guys who moved me were all there, but they swore up and down they didn't take it.  My friend called later and when I told her that, she figured they must have used it to wrap my stuff, not knowing it wasn't theirs.  They also taped and took away her box of other packing material.  After I leave here, I'm going to the Bekins office to see if I can get something back for it.
Walter came to put a fire extinguisher under my sink and plug a carbon monoxide detector in the wall.  I can't imagine how I lived there for 13 years without either--let alone the multitude decades I survived without them before.
Betty called to ask me to call her when the movers got there and left.  Times were 9:27 to 10:01.  Geez, they were so efficient I think I should have had them instead of Bekins.  Now I have no furniture whatever except my bed (and my buyers will pick that up on Friday) and the two stools in the kitchen and office chair, which I intend to leave.
Must get into my bank account and other things to change addresses.  May come back to virtual "here" later in the day. 

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...