Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Day

Geez, what a day.  Signed up to have gas and electric (two different companies) in my apartment, then spent the bulk of it on financial matters with BOA, Ocean First, and that champion of chumps, Social Security.  I was simply trying to change my address and ended up spending forty-five minutes on the phone, then another hour at the actual S.S. Ventura office.  There's no point in even going into the whys and wherefores, so I won't.  Finally, all was straightened out, but whew!
Anyhoo, later was better. Ellen and Vivian came home from a play park, then we went to the pool, they to swim, me to watch for a bit.  I offered to make dinner, and zipped to the supermarket to get the fixin's.  I had decided on an old fashioned dinner, the like of which I used to serve my family: hamburgers, baked beans, green salad, and a cold Blue Moon. (Well, the first three, anyway, but only I got the Blue Moon, which went great with it.)  Fried up some onions to put on top and had prepared bacon strips, too, but somebody small and furry escaped my vigilance long enough to get up on the counter and nibble them--aagh!  He wasn't even contrite and his mistress just laughed!  Okay, at least he didn't get to the hamburger--as far as I could see.
It was a good dinner, enjoyed by all.  Greg had worked all day and didn't get home until after 8:00, then Vivian did her arithmetic homework with Ellen's help, and it was hot, hot, hot and humid, but so good to be in California.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...