Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Mike and Vivian Here--Hurrah! (And the Twin Thing)

(This is actually the July 15 entry--jumped the gun in posting.)
Wednesday: Got some business stuff done (BOA, etc.) on-line and in person, then Ellen and I met Gregg for lunch.  G. suggested we take Vivian to San Simeon and Hearst Castle today, and yes indeedy, that's what we'll do.  In the afternoon, he went to work and Ellen cleaned up while I took a richly  undeserved nap. Mike and Vivian didn't blow in in until after 4:00, as they had all kinds of hold-ups and traffic jams coming from LAX, but no matter, they were there and we were so happy to see them.
Vivian is a almost-eleven-year-old dynamo and perpetual motion machine, but so precious and adorable, she's enchanting.  She had a whole list of things she wanted to do, including lots of shopping and Knott's Berry Farm and we'll try to do as much as possible.
Went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner, then Mike decided to go to his hotel and turn in after his long, long trip from Singapore.  Ellen and Vivian went to to pool/hot tub, but I begged off.  It was already after 8:00 and I was bushed.  
NOTE: This is kinda eerie:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/12/magazine/the-mixed-up-brothers-of-bogota.html?_r=0
and from this blog, entry January 27, 2015:
At the store, I had an odd experience:  I saw a woman who looked just like me.  Now, I'm sure there are other women who look like me (especially in Ireland; I favor the paternal side), and maybe elsewhere, too, but I've never seen anyone with so striking a resemblance.  I actually followed her around a bit and finally, wanting to see her more closely, I approached her, excused myself and said, "Are you Marilyn's mother?"  "No," she said, rather curtly, and I apologized and moved on.  I'm thinking about a possible play with a theme like this, as I've always been fascinated by the doppelganger idea.  Later, when my friend came over, I told her about this and we mused over the idea that it wasn't me sitting there talking to her, but the woman in Acme. 


No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...