Monday, July 13, 2015

Palm Tree Country

When I opened my eyes this morning, I saw a glorious sight: One tall, majestic pine tree soaring to the sky. "I'm here," I thought, "I'M HERE!"
To regress: Flights weren't as bad as I thought they'd be.  Slept at my friend's on Friday; had and great fun at the lake with great-grandsons on Saturday, then had Lisa, Rob, and Lindsay for dinner,  That was my last night in Jersey, but I was too tired to philosophize over it.
Weather in Ventura is wonderful: warm-about 85,I guess--but with little humidity, it doesn't fee dense and horrible, but soft and comfortable. Got in about 8, left coast time, and was whisked away by Ellen;  we stopped to eat, then I got home to my own room and bath at her place (oh, joy!).  Fell into it shortly and had the best sleep I've had in ages.
I guess this entry is a bit disjointed, but I just can't help it.  Still settling in and have a lot to do today,so want to close.  More later, maybe--or not.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...