Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Yesterday

Quick overview of yesterday: Saw several apartments, fell in love with one, but my children are adamant against it because it's on the second floor.  It's also a bit over my price range, but maybe I can get around that.  We looked at over places, some okay, some ugh, but it was only our first day, so we'll look more.
G. made us a delicious dinner: First, we toasted my arrival in champagne, then had a salad with a delicious cashew-based dressing, then the main course: perfectly done halibut on a bed of rice, with a saffron and raisin sauce.  It was yummy. G. may follow some recipes, but most he seems to adapt, modify, and improve.  He records the final meticulously and, I'm sure, invents some recipes himself.
We weren't finished until just about 8:00 so, as a good guest should, I left the two of them to clean up, took a shower and washed my hair, and was in beddy-by at 9 pm.
Mike and Vivian come in from Singapore today--yay!

1 comment:

Jim Wetzel said...

You got there! Enjoy.

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...