Sunday, June 28, 2015

P.J. Visit

Had a fun day with "P.J." (Paul) S. and his wife, Diana.  P.J. (I'm the only one who still calls him that) has been a friend of my older son's since--middle school?  Fisher Elementary?  I think the former. Both were born and brought up in Ewing and still live there.  They are dedicated hikers and P.J. is a spelunker as well, something that would fill me with dread.
We sat and chatted for a bit, they toured the house, then we went to Cuisine on the Green--yes, second day in a row.  Happily, it wasn't crowded.  We had a fine time reminiscing about the old days and speculating on other members of their group: Chuck (on Facebook), Doug (still in the Ewing area), and Lee (succumbed to a to a heart attack twenty or so years ago).
They filled me in on their children (a daughter, 25 and son, 22) and current lives and I did the same.  After they assured me they'd head to California and look me up within a few years, we drove back to my place, then parted.
Luckily, the terrific storm held off until later in the afternoon and boy, it was a lulu.  Fierce winds whipped up the heavy rain for several hours and I wouldn't be surprised if more tree damage was done. The ones around my house were swaying and bending, practically spinning around on their roots.
Got a welcome Skype/Google Hangout call from Tokyo and was so happy to interact with Baby Boop.  He seems to be getting bigger by the hour and is so droll and funny as he mugs for his Nana, talks, and laughs.  Son backed up my documents via team viewer, but I intend to learn it and do the rest myself.  

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...