Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Not a Whole Lot

Not much going on yesterday. I picked up some stuff at Acme, did a wash, and spent time on line with Louise and Bobbi re rehearsal on Thursday. I was pleased to receive yet another check from the consignment shop, for close to a C-note. At first, I was a tad disappointed that my little "lady desk" sold. I was kind of looking forward to having it in my new digs, but hey--I need it like a hole in the head, so it's just as well.
Today, lunch at Mikado with "The Sparkers," to which I'm not looking forward. Then why am I going? Oh, I don't know. I like Japanese (or "Japanese") food and I don't feel like hanging out at home. Goes to show how sparse are my inner resources, I guess. This is picking day at the farm, too, but if the weather is bad, I won't go.
In the closet, I found a very dressy top I've had for years that I used to wear to dinner dances and so on, at the clubhouse and elsewhere. I'm considering wearing that to the wedding. It may look a little too wintery, though. It's a jacket top over a sleeveless, black with silver beading. It's actually very attractive and very festive. I'd wear it with a long black skirt and, after all, the reception is dinner and dressy.
Actually, who the hell will care what the grandmother of the groom wears, anyway? Yes, I'm talking myself into it.
Still at the library for this blog, but I'm getting more and more comfortable on the tablet otherwise. It's just difficult to type much on it, so this is better and I'm glad to have access to it.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

You'll look di vine dah ling. It sounds pretty.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...