Thursday, June 25, 2015

Money Makes The World...

"Money makes the world go round, the world go round, the world go round..."
I've always liked Joel Gray's rendition in Cabaret and, in fact, I like money quite a bit, too.  Yesterday, I got more--yay!
First, I loaded up the car with things with which I hope Lighthouse Church Thrift Store can turn into money: lots of ceramics, baskets, framed pictures, doo dads and stuff.  Dropped them off, then headed to Fugetabouit and searched out Tom.  Told him I had some more hot items and why didn't he stop in to see them?
He agreed, and came with his Dad and a helper.  We dickered up and down, of course, but finally agreed on a price for two tables, a side chair, and a few other items, and off they went.  That makes more stuff I don't have to either haul to the thrift store or take with me, and I made money to boot.
Drove over to Justice after lunch and got gifts for V. and V., whose birthdays are both in July.  Stopped at Target for other stuff.  Betty called; she's now home after her extended trip to Chicago and California.  We'll get together one of these days.
Got an e-mail from an old friend (from middle school up) of my Tokyo son; I always called him "P.J.," although he now uses "Paul."  He had contacted me to ask if he and his wife could come and see me before I head west and we decided on Saturday--I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...