Sunday, June 21, 2015

Summer Show

Quite a good day, but with some snafus. Talked to ever-elusive Jeff, from Red Barn Antiques, who swore he'd be down today to look at my mirror.  I fervently hope he'll buy it; must call Claire to see if he can stop there, too, to look at her stuff.
Picked up Aline at 12:30 and went to the Northfield Library for our Players & Playwright's summer show.
We had a good crowd, polite enough not to throw rotten tomatoes at the opener, Jim's interminable--and unintelligible--play. My Imposter was next and while it was being "acted"--yes, the quote marks are warranted--poor Bobbi realized she had gotten her script pages out of order. Experienced actors would have improvised, but she floundered until I got up and handed her the correct page from my script.  Also, Louise, for some reason, laid on the haminess with a trowel.  I'd love to see my subtle little drama performed by those who can act, but that ain't gonna happen very soon, I'm afraid.
Anyway, it went okay and my later skit--the "truth" one--had the audience howling; very gratifying.  I appeared as one half of a lesbian couple in Sondra's autobiographical play, and that went all right, too.  All in all, the show was okay, if not superb.
After, seven of us went to the Shore Diner for early dinner, including a newcomer who just happened to be at the show.  Pat is a retired librarian with an adopted daughter from China, and seemed at first to be just my type.
Unfortunately, she isn't.  She has a somewhat ponderous manner and seems to be missing a sense of humor; went to Drexel and has a master's from Upper Gipip or somewhere, which goes to show these educated types can be duds.
I'll miss the rest of them so much, especially Denise, little Bernice, and my pal, Louise--the three that rhyme.  Of course, I'll miss Rachel, too, and the others, but I must be about my business and keep my eyes fixed westward.
Home, I got a welcome call from Ellen, who will leave today to meet her sister in New Mexico, and from Mike, which allowed me to interact with the two little darlings.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...