Saturday, May 30, 2015

Rebel Computer and Flea Market

My computer is rebelling!  When I got up this morning and turned it on, the screen was black and a message read that there was an error: the hard drive has failed.  It had me click F1--I think--and this and that, but no luck.  I turned it off and left for the flea market at 6:15, without even making the bed; in fact, the house was in some disarray.  Drove to the community center.  I'm now typing this deathless prose at the library, damn it.
Friday evening, I drove to the center to see if I could unload some of my stuff, so I could possibly put more in.  Well, it was a madhouse.  Poor Fran Z., the coordinator, was trying to direct volunteers to set up tables, while a bunch of kids--some kind of program, I guess--were racing around inside and biking around outside.
I did get some stuff in and put in a corner, but didn't feel like adding more.
Back to yesterday:  Hauled the stuff in, including my own two tables, which I then realized were a mistake; the rental ones were bigger and sturdier.  Told Fran I'd like to switch and did, finally setting out my enormous number of items, including a small chest, a number of very large baskets, a blanket rack, a beautiful set of wine glasses, and so.  A guy came up before it even opened at 8 am and bought several records.  As I was putting them in a bag, I knocked over my coffee and got a clock I was selling wet, along with some other things.  Luckily, I was able to sop it all up, and just rearranged, as needed. 
That wasn't the only snafu.  I got a voice message from an agent to the effect somebody wanted to see the house between 12 and 1:00--oh, no  I had rushed out so fast I hadn't made the bed or put  my cup in the dishwasher, etc.  THEN, I accidentally deleted the message!  Frantically called Walter, who called his office, and upshot was, they want to see the house on Monday--happy day!
Anyhow, I made a nice big pile of money and, even better, got rid of a load of stuff I ne longer have to deal with.
Well, I hate this computer, ungrateful wretch that I am, so will sign off.  I hope one of my children can tell me what to do with my own pretty soon.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Glad to know it was the computer and not you. I get concerned when you don't post (because you always do) unless you've said you'd be offline.
Great to read you made some good money and unloaded 'things' no longer needed or wanted.
Hope Monday turns out to good one too.

Jim Wetzel said...

Sorry about the 'puter. The good news is that they're really cheap these days -- easy to replace. The bad news: you may have irretrievably lost whatever files, emails, and things that you've created. We'll hope for the best.

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...