Thursday, May 28, 2015

Malfunction and WW II

Yoicks, what a morning!
I had a mammogram and bone density test scheduled, starting at 7:15 am yesterday, so wrote up a bit of this blog the evening before.  I planned to leave the house at 6:30, which would get me there with time to spare.
Woke up, stretched, and looked at the clock to see--what?  It was 6:15!  Don't know if the alarm malfunctioned or what, but I scrambled up, washed my face, brushed my teeth while I rushed to turn the coffee on, dressed, gulped, and was out the door by twenty-five of.
Just made it to Atlantic Imaging in Galloway, even with going-to-work traffic, school buses, and so on.
I was out of there by 8:00, then met Betty for breakfast on Tilton Road.  Had a good one, said goodbye--she's going to Chicago on Sunday, then California after that--and I took off for Boscov's to return what I had bought last week.  Saw a nice purse--on sale--and bought that, too.
Nothing much but housework and a few errands the rest of the afternoon, until time for Dinner With the Crazies.  Changed, picked up Aline and went to the Chinese restaurant next to the lake.  It was a pretty congenial group and at first, I thought my right-hand neighbor was a great guy. "Billy" told me he's 92 and lives in Beach Haven West.  We had a good talk until, apropos of nothing, he remarked that he had been in the navy during World War II, and for ten years after, and he was sorry all the gooks--meaning the Japanese--hadn't been killed.  When I--rather mildly, for me--expressed disapproval and remarked that I have family in Tokyo, he became furiously angry and ranted loudly about the sins of that country 70 years ago.  Hey, I don't care how old he is, he wasn't senile, and I told him that was f-ing bulls-t and thereafter turned my attention to the rest of the crazies.
Other than that, it was a fun evening.      

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...