Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Barnes & Nada Plus Lunch

A very pleasant day, notwithstanding a battle with Barnes & Noble regarding the gift card I got for Christmas. Tried to order a book on-line, put the card number in, had to add the pin number, and when I scratched off, the number came with it.  Called and spoke to Mr. Idiot Person, who advised me they couldn't supply the number and I should go to the nearest B & N, which is--oh, only a hundred mile round trip.  I asked to speak to "someone else" (his supervisor), was put on hold, then cut off.  Dialed again and got a semi-idiot, who finally agreed to send me new info via e-mail I could use on-line.  Factoring in the interminable "press this and that" recordings, the ordeal took almost an hour. Geesh! 
But things improved after that: Picked Aline up at 12:30 and we went to Panini Bay for lunch.  Food good, service indifferent.  We then drove to the water right down Green Street and ran into Marge and Fred.  At A.'s request, went to Wal-Mart, then to Gravelling Point--very windy, so lots of white caps and spray.  Naughty girls that we are, we stopped at Jeffreeze for ice cream, but at least got "baby cups." Arrived home close to 5:00.
Ellen called in the evening from Burt's Books in Ojai and we had a good talk, which included a discussion about my house.  She suggested I keep trying for a rental until the end of June and if no go by then, put it on the market.  Will mull that over.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...