Saturday, May 23, 2015

House and a Little Railroad Engineer

A stir of excitement: Walter called to say an agent had contacted him about the house.  His/her clients wanted to see pictures of the outside, so W. came over and took a few of the front and back.
That galvanized me to clean the master bath: washed the rugs, scrubbed the floor (well, I Swiffered it, first dry, then wet), and cleaned the vanity.  Did a fair amount in the kitchen, too, scouring the top of the stove, sweeping and mopping the floor, and generally tidying up.
I'm glad I did, because when I got up just now, I found an e-mail from Walter; the people want to come see the place today, between 1 and 5.  Yoicks!  At ten, I'm going to the pool opening party at the clubhouse (with Susan and the very same Walter, in fact), so I'm glad I spruced up a lot yesterday. Will still vacuum throughout, but I think it looks as good as it ever will.
Had a wonderful virtual visit with Mr. K., in Tokyo, who was his usual charming self.  He's now starting to talk in both languages and, at only twenty months, seems remarkably alert and aware.  I watched him playing with his train set--they hook together magnetically--and he's so adept.  What fun and how I wish I could hold and hug him!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...