Monday, May 11, 2015

Mothers Day

A low-key, but pleasant Mothers Day.  Betty and I arrived at the Vincentown Diner about about 2:15, and my friend and husband came shortly thereafter. There was a sign saying parking was only for customers, so we drove a few miles away to Smithville Park (no connection to the Smithville Inn in Galloway) and left them there.
Got to Lisa's to be greeted by her family, Rob, Lindsey, and Luc, her parents, Dale and Betz, and two church lady friends of theirs. My friend gave Betty, Lisa, Betz, and me beautiful bracelets from a the little shop in Allentown.  I had bought two bunches of pink carnations and had prepared four vases; gave my friend and the other attending mothers those.
It was a delicious spring meal, composed of a variety of salads: chicken (with grapes, apples, and yogurt--very good), broccoli, bean, and my marinated cherry tomato, which went over big.  They don't serve alcohol--not sure if that's a church stricture, as they're Moravian--but there was iced tea and other drinks. Desserts included Boston cream pie, cookies, and a yummy pineapple upside down cake.
We ate, then sat and talked on the very pleasant side porch.  Left about 5:30, picked up our cars, and I got home about forty-five later.  Enjoyed a Skype call from Ellen and I thanked her for the Kohl's gift card she had sent me.
So I heard from all my children, which is the only thing that matters about Mothers Day.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...